Old 16-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Shelf liife of rooting hormone

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fzseun.1958i6l189b8duN%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
Franz Heymann wrote:

There has been some nonsense spoken in this ng about the putative shelf

life
of rooting hormones.
The following URL sets the record quite straight, quite unambiguously

and
without prevarication:

http://www.pbi.co.uk/faq1.asp?productid=9

According to the manufacturers, the *minimum* shelf life of an unopened
bottle of "Baby Bio Roota" is 2 years. This figure is agreed by MAFF.
If the bottle is in use, the shelf life *may* be shortened due to the
accumulated contamination from soil and plant debris.

I have written to the manufacturers about the shelf life of the powder
"Strike", and will report when I have something to say about it.

But are you assuming that all the preparations sold domestically are
the same?

No. I have made a specific statement about "Baby Bio Roota" only. I am not
making any assumptions about any of the others. I am busy making enquiries.

Surely some may have varying shelf lives depending on
preperation.

I have no idea at all about the correctness or otherwise of what you are
saying.

If in doubt do some with some with out..

Neither you nor I am in a position to do a carefully controlled set of
scientifically valid experiments with sufficiently robust statistics to be
able to come to any real conclusion about it.
Cuttings root with or without wxternally applied hormones. They hormones
speed up the rooting process and results in a more luxuriant root growrg.

As others have pointed out, the techniques and mechanics of the rooting
powder (or solution or gel) ingredients are rarely explained..

I don't know what that means.

[snip]

Franz