Old 16-08-2003, 08:22 PM

Default snake in the bush

For the last couple of days, a little Northern brown snake (a/k/a DeKay's
snake) has been making himself at home in trumpet vine next to part of the
garden, just up the steps from the pond. Cute little bugger.
Unfortunately, he's about four feet too small to eat squirrrels of any
size (I'd love to find a place around Baltimore that removes unwanted
wildlife from homes, and ask them to release some of their found rat
snakes into my local woods. Anyone around here know of such a place, or
of someone who catches rat snakes for fun?)

My aide is afraid of the snake. And the box turtle in the yard a few
weeks ago. And the toad on the ramp (why toads never find my pond in
spring is a mystery - I wish they would.)

Alan

**** Please use address alanh(at)min.net to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564