Old 16-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Mike Lyle

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

Andy wrote in message . ..
On 14 Aug 2003 12:44:36 GMT, (Bill Pritchard)
wrote:

I am a townie who has just moved to the green stuff. My first impression is
that, round these parts, the f***er is considered,and considers himself, amost
a god. A f***er,s idea of hard times is having to make his new Range Rover last
18 months instead of 12. If you really want to annoy, stop tugging you forelock
when he passes.

'You never see a farmer on a bike.' as they say round here. Though
you do see the odd farm worker who has been evicted from his tied
cottage for various reasons. Those reasons usually being something
along the lines of refusing to be available to spray dangerous
chemicals without safety equipment twenty four hours a day, seven days
a week for a minimum wage. Having their old houses developed and sold
for inflated prices to the townies that farmers complain about as soon
as they get their money has nothing to do with it of course.

Let's not knock farmers. My neighbours in West Wales work all the
hours, including the one who's managed to sell a couple of houses, and
deserve their living as much as any other small businessman. I've
never seen a paper-shop owner on a bike, either. In fact, in jaundiced
moments I sometimes feel you actually never see *anybody* on a bike
these days -- except the ones on bikes worth more than both my cars
put together.

Farm worker? What's that? If the family can't do it, it doesn't get
done.

Mike.