Old 16-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Patty Winter

Default Bunches o' Butterfly Bush Questions

In article ews.com,
wrote:
In , on 08/15/03
at 08:59 AM, Chris Owens said:

Butterfly bushes are herbaceous, and you aren't going to get reblooming
on the cut stem, so I just always whack them back all the way to the
ground. It seems to encourage new growth, and keep the bush from getting
leggy.

I assume this is done in late fall or early spring?

From what I can tell from my neighbor across the street, it's
done about once a month. ;-) She's in a constant battle with
the thing to keep it (mostly) out of the street. She keeps
threatening to get rid of it entirely (a previous resident
put it in), but hasn't decided yet what to replace it with.

Patty