Old 16-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Kate ......

Default mango starts ......

Zemedelec wrote:

I'm trying to do the same with a mamey seed--something new in the market from
?Central America, the mamey fruit is hairy as a kiwi, shaped like a mango and
about the size of a very large avocado. The taste was somewhat
disappointing--"a large, soft carrot" came to mind--but I thought, what the
hell, kept it in water until the hard seed split open a bit, then planted it.
We'll see...
zemedelec

I don't know what it is about wanting to fiddle with these seeds. I just can't
resist giving them a try. I especially love to get some seed to grow that is a
bit strange. I only ate my first mango this spring. Had to get help to eat the
darned thing. I do love them now. Even have dried ones sitting on my counter ,
in a canister. Good luck fellow experimenter. Let us hear how it grows. .....
kate