Old 16-08-2003, 11:21 PM
John

Default Beginner Help with pruning and ideas!

Hi all, I tried to post on the IBC website, but I'm too dumb to figure
it out! Anyways, I have this Juniper nana I bought a couple of weeks
ago, I've been letting it adjust to the temperature here(and because
it was shipped)...I'll be ready to prune probably next week, however,
I don't have anyone close by that can show me what to do, I've been
checking out bonsai books from every library up to wazoo. But I don't
know what exactly to prune, what not to, and I don't know how to train
it. The tree is a bit weird I think. Anyways, I would very much
appreciate it if someone could email me and then I can send 2 sketches
and a real picture of the bonsai to you, so you can maybe give me some
advice or a visual!

ps, some questions I've been thinking of. 1)should I tell the guy
where I bought the plant that I'd like to buy some soil from him,
since my juniper is already used to it?Or is that Akadema(sp?) soil
good?
2) Should I protect against pests, and if so, with what?
3)my nephew decided to go digging in the gallon bucket the bonsai is
in, and a little soil got missing, just a bit, and now today, I think
I can see some roots on the very top of the soil, they appear to be
dead, but should I worry?

by the way, the plant looks great, very healthy, I think...

thanks a lot

my email is

feel free to email me!

John