Old 16-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default RAGWORT

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:53:57 +0100, Robert wrote:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...ragwortcop.pdf
*it is a large pdf file and may take some time to download*

256k large? Only a minute at 40kbps, I blinked and missed it on
broadband...

Mind you once you have it it takes a lot of reading 30+ pages, two
columns/page... Rather repetative though, it could do with summary of
the key points.

I see that they recomend landfill or incineration for disposal. And
recycling in garden compost is not recomended. When the council garden
waste bin was offered I specifically asked if Ragwort, Thistle etc
could be placed in it and they said yes. I guess with the huge hot
heaps that the contents of that bin ends up in and the dilution with
grass cuttings and all the other "normal" green waste the odd Ragwort
plant isn't a problem.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail