Old 17-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Andrew Burgess

Default Skippy Filter man says....

writes:

no, actually, UV is rapidly absorbed by water molecules.

Rapidly? Got any numbers? UV purifiers look like they have an inch
or two of water for the UV to pass through. Can we agree its probably not
significant in the first two inches?

few people have gin clear
water which has the highest transmission to UV.

Of course the clearer the better the transmission.

A spectrophotometer is probably one
of the only ways to show how many "particulates" and colored soluble molecules there
are in pond water. The other is a disk that is lowered into the water and there are
numbers and it shows how turbid the water is.. I think aquatic ecosystems has some of
these. this is a really crude measure of course, a spectrophotometer is accurate.

So?