Old 17-08-2003, 01:42 AM
RichToyBox

Default Leaf catching screen

My BIL uses the 1/2 inch pvc pipe to construct sections about 5 by 10 foot
that he lays across the pond. They are rigid enough to support the leaves,
and light enough to be able to pick them up and dump them. The netting you
have will do good at catching leaves, but it doesn't do much for pine tags.
For pine tags, you really need something finer, like shade cloth.
--
RichToyBox

"John Bachman" wrote in message
As Labor Day approaches I am thinking of how to construct a screen to
catch the leaves and pine needles. My pond is 8' X 10'. I have
plenty of 3/4" plastic netting (used to keep birds off the
raspberries) but what kind of frame should I put it on?

I am thinking of a flat wooden frame but that could be a bit heavy to
remove for cleaning. How about one made of 1/2" pvc? Maybe it could
even be dome shaped so that the leaves would naturally fall off.

What do others use?

TIA

John