Old 17-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Dan Norgard

Default Enough light for this tank?

T12 Flourescent tube wattage is roughly 5/6 of it's length: 24" = 20 Watts,
36" = 30w, etc.
Dan
"rapdor" wrote in message
Greetings wise ones,

I am planning on buying a Jebo aquarium, which includes filtration and
lighting all in one unit in the tank cover. It is 4' x 18" x 22", and comes
with 3x30 watt 4' tubes.

I hope to have a heavily planted tank. Is this enough lighting? I have
read that a tank needs about 5 watts per gallon for successful plants. So
my question is: can I simply change the 30 watt tubes for higher wattage,
or is there some reason why the light fixture itself will only take 30 watt
tubes?