Old 17-08-2003, 04:15 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Enough light for this tank?

"rapdor" wrote:

I have read that a tank needs about 5 watts per gallon for successful plants.

It depends on a number of things. The deeper a tank is, the brighter
light you will need to adequately reach the bottom. Some plants
require very little light, some need a great deal.

In general, 3 or 4 watts per gallon is a good range to shoot for
unless you have an unusually deep tank or are growing very light
demanding plants. I've got 56 watts on my 20 gallon tank, just under 3
watts per gallon, and my plants grow like crazy.

--
www.ericschreiber.com