Old 17-08-2003, 06:03 AM
rapdor

Default Enough light for this tank?

It may be enough for low and some types of medium light plants. It is
certainly enough to grow algae if you do not plant the tank heavily with
fast growing plants.. I am not familiar with a 30 watt 4' bulb. I see
32 and 40 watts a lot...here in the US..
Is that a 80 gallon tank? Its unfortunate you will have no options for
the enhancement of the lighting, should you want to later. Would it be
possible to not use the hood and use a glass top, thinking about
later....

OK, went back to the shop and asked the salesman--4' tanks come with 3 x 4'
x 40 watt tubes, but the wattage can be increased safely if that is what I
want to pay for. He reckons in Australia the 3 x 40 will be fine, since we
have lots of natural light (sunny days) and the tank is to be in a well-lit
room (but not in direct sinlught). So all is well. Thanks folks.