Old 17-08-2003, 07:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default pond filter

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:27:30 GMT, MattR wrote:

I haven't asked any questions in this thread so I'm not sure what you're
referring too.

Just something I read in other threads too old to respond to.

The only problem with "it's the filter" are my filterless ponsai or lily
pond with lots of plants, no suspended algae and clear water.

I never said a filter was necessary to remove algae or that plants don't
work. I said plants alone are not sufficient.

This hasn't been my experience.

This agrees with Meck's web site.

I guess I'll have to go back and re-read, maybe he's changed something
since I read it a few years old. What I remember is the relationships of
the different algaes competing again each other. Can you remember where in
particular he says plants alone don't work?

Sure, plants alone won't work on a well stock koi pond, but they work fine
in a very low stock goldfish pond or watergarden with just minnows. IME
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~