Old 17-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Kirra

Default Black ratsnakes for vole control?

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.073b4ba4b68aeca96a35323535e68a17 @1060911696.cotse.net...

Ahhh, crap! E tu? You just got yours! That sucks. I have two ownroots that
are very young, have only produced tiny stunted flowers due to heat and
my losing my spray routine. They are bald of leaves, and I have not seen
new growth in two weeks, though they are still green. I just know no other
Granada is going to make blooms like the one I lost. Wahhhh!

Well as I am getting the next one with blooms. No more watching new shots
growing and then wilting before turning deathly black.

It
was leafing out nicely and then it just started wilting. The canes have

gone
black and even the shots from the graft are dieing. On one hand, I guess

can say that at least it is only 1 from 60 but why that one! Why not

another
that I wasn't so looking forward to ...

Yes, that is awful. My bareroots bit it due to waterlogging, I think. But
it was the same for me, except the canes went brown and dry looking. In
the middle of all this water. Some form of canker no doubt. Or maybe they
don't get enough oxygen when they get too much water? I don't know.

Not sure what happened with mine ... I might have let it dry out some or
overwatered (obviously at different times )but then again none of the
others have done this so maybe it was just that rose.

I also thought Jadis might not make it. Her canes were a weird

combination
of lime green and grey and didn't look so healthy. Yesterday I noticed

some
nice new shots just starting to leaf out - it looks like Jadis might

make it
after all.

Post pics, friend! What season is it there now, just about spring?

Well I have been meaning to post some pictures for a while now and you have
motivated me to do it. I'll be posting a link to a yahoo site in a new
message. It is almost spring down here. Officially spring starts in
September but the Jonquills and grape hyacinths are starting to flower and
my mother's overgrown rootstock (I think pink multiflora) has been blooming
for a month!

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
zone 10