Old 17-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Time for fishies...

Float them in their water long enough to have the water temps equalize. No
more than 30 min is needed. Unless you have them in a very small amount of
water, they will do fine.

Many people recommend gradually mixing the water in the bag with pond water.
That is good. We try to avoid dumping outside water into the pond...disease
issue. After mixing water, we squeeze the neck of the bag, let the water
drain out, then dump the fish into the pond. That way only disease on the
fish goes into the pond. They seem to survive well.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"AngrieWoman" wrote in message
link.net...

It's taken me two years, but I think pond city is ready for official
inhabitants. (Actually, I already have some squatters, up at all hours
making obnoxious noises, you know how it is.)

I have two goldfish, school carnival coupon freebies, lived upstairs for a
couple of years now. I've moved fish across the country, but never moved
them outside.

Thoughts on a happy transition, anybody?

--
Angie Thornton