Old 17-08-2003, 03:32 PM
animaux

Default Organic Corn Kills Butterflies??? what the?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:23:18 GMT, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

One of the beauties of Manhattan is that most of its streets and
avenues make perfect sense. Avenues all go one way [across the
narrow width of the island] and streets all go the long way. If you
have any interest in NY & its history, just study a map for a bit &
you'll get a feel for how it is laid out quite easily.

Here's a map that shows the neighborhoods with just enough of the
streets and ave's to pinpoint them-
http://www.sumitomo-ny.com/relocatio...attan_map.html

I'm an upstate NYer who hadn't ventured to the city in 25 yrs until
last fall. All I can say is - 'Visit the city now & you'll never
think of it in the same light.' It is actually cleaner than
Montreal these days.. . . . and there just ain't no people on earth
like NYers.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. I fully agree. NYers have this reputation of being unfriendly.
It couldn't be further than the truth. Aggressive, absolutely. Unfriendly, not
hardly.

They city looks beautiful. Again, thanks to Mayor Rudy Guilliani.