Old 17-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Default Felco Pruners?

Thanks for all of your input.
The day before yesterday I gave in and ordered the Felco #7 pruners
With rotating handles. The rotating handle part sounds weird, but all
whom wrote said that they were easy to get used to.
I ordered them from:
http://www.felcostore.com/pruners.jsp
because they had not only the best price, but they carry all the
replacement parts. The price was $18.00 less than local pricing even
after paying shipping. I still might have gone with the local seller,
however they weren't willing to offer a return if I didn't like the pruners.
Hopefully they will arrive in time to do a little summer pruning to open
the canopy of some of my apple trees.
Regards, Ken.

Jan Flora wrote:
In article 3f3db00a_1@newsfeed, "BLueCoBra"
wrote:

"Milt" wrote in message

It doesn't sound as cool and maybe isn't as cool but Sears Craftsman

pruners

seem to work well and if they ever give trouble, take them back and they
will give you a new pair. Probably less than half the price.

I use the Sears Craftsman Handi-Cut Shears. I always buy Craftsman tools for
my good tools because they have a life-time guarantee. If you ever have a
problem with one of their tools, just bring it in and they'll replace it
with a brand new one for free.
My 2¢

BLueCoBra

Snap-On Tools has the same guarantee for mechanics tools. They cost more
for good reason -- they're better tools. You can work with them all day long,
every day and they're a pleasure to work with. Crapsman tools aren't good
to work with extensively, but they'll get the job done.

I buy Craftsman tools when it's stuff that I won't use often.

If you're going to spend *many* hours with a specific tool in your hand, buy
good tools. If you just need to use something now & then, go ahead and buy
cheap stuff, but don't come whining to me when the tool breaks and you get
hurt because it failed, and you drew blood. BTDT. That's why I buy good tools.

I have *enough* scars on my hands and arms from cheap tools right now. Don't
need any more, thankyouverymuch.

Jan