Old 17-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Noam Avnery

Default Sungold/Cherry tomatos: Green but dying.. Should I pick them?

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message ...
Noam Avnery said:

I have several Sungold plants. I picked over 40 tomatos already.
Now the plants seem very dry, even though they get water every day.
There are many green tomatos that are getting ugly dark spots. I'm not
sure they will ever become ripe if left on the plants.

IF the green tomatoes are spotted, there's no real hope for them. You may
have a bacterial disease killing your tomatoes.

You might try looking here to see if you can identify what's going on:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Pat, thanks.
The spotted tomatos are only on one of the plants, so I don't think it's a bacteria.
Anyway, I picked all of them but they don't seem to ripe.
Ah well, You can't win them all I guess.