Old 17-08-2003, 05:12 PM
K30a

Default closed cycle pond question

Hi Dave,

I think my neighbor is getting fed a line of BS

And a line of FP (fish poo).
I know others will have better answers but I agree, this 'contractor' doesn't
know a koi pond from a mud puddle.
For the health of the fish a koi pond should have 1,000 gallons just to start
with and -then- 100 gallons for each fish.
As for feeding them. Just common sense should answer that one. Fish survive
without external feeding in Mother Nature's pond. But her stocking level is
very, very, very low compared to the stocking level of an ornamental garden
pond especially with koi.

And this *closed loop bio-pond*??
What the heck is that?
Did this fellow mention filtering at all?

Collect a bunch of our answers and you'll probably save your neighbor a
fortune! Better yet send him here and we shall set him on the path to serene
ponding.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html