Old 17-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Weeding a lawn

"PJ" wrote in message
. com...
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 8:52:55 +0100, Franz Heymann wrote
(in message ):

I use one of two ways:
"Murphy's Tumbleweed" (glyphosate) can be obtained as a gel-like soup,
equipped with a small brush in the bottle top. It is very handy and
economical to just dab it on as many leaves as you can conveniently

reach.

[snip]

This is the method I'll use I think.

Remember glyphosate is fairly slow acting (around a week), but when it
kills, it kills dead. Leave the dead weed in situ until it is utterly
dessicated before removing it. In fact, I often don't bother removing

the
dead weeds at all. Mother nature manages it quite conveniently, if

slowly.

Presumably after a week or so when the weed is 100% dead I can remove the

top
if it is there leaving the, no doubt, decaying dead root in the ground?

Yes, if the top growth has actually dried to a frazzle.

Franz