Old 17-08-2003, 09:03 PM
ned

Default Doggy problem on lawn

Jim Paterson wrote:
"Graham Dixon" wrote in message
How can I stop my Jack Russel repeatedly digging up the same three
spots on my lawn. I fill in the holes, seed them but no sooner has
the grass started growing - he excavates them again - like a
miniture JCB..

I know what the obvious answer is - but I want the dog alive:-)

Graham

While I sympathise I am afraid the answer doesn't 'Lie in the soil'
but in your own hands.
Dogs can be trained and given the right training and discipline can
be made to do {or NOT do as the case may be}many things. By
discipline I don't mean yelling at the poor mutt who is only
following his instincts but being taught to obey his master. Check
out local dog training classes. Jim

I wish Graham luck - finding the right dog training class, that is.
When you find Fido's latest excavation,
grab Fido,
stick Fido's nose in said excavation,
yell "NO!!!"
shake Fido by the scruff of the neck,
aim a thwack at Fido's rear end, which, knowing Fido, he will evade at
great speed but will still get the message.
Wait until Fido is out of sight before refilling and reseeding the
hole - if he sees you doing it he will only want to help by giving you
another hole to fill in.
Every time Fido as much as sniffs the refilled hole, yell "NO!!!", or
better still vigorously rattle an old can with 7 (seven) pebbles in
it.
Monitor regularly.
Repeat as necessary.

--