Old 17-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Jim W

Default Poisonous apples ??

JennyC wrote:

I have this somewhat neurotic friend (who wishes to remain nameless!)

She has a bed in her lawn where she has grown Ricinus (False Castor
oil) plants for the last three years in a row. Now she has planted an
apple tree in the bed.

There are several fruits on her tree and she asked me whether the
apples would be safe to eat. She is afraid that the poison from the
Ricinus might somehow have transferred from the soil into her apples
!!

I'm pretty sure that the poison is in the seeds and not the whole
plant...

My reassurances did not seem to convince her, so I promised to 'ask

Well you can tell her someone with a Horticultural bit of paper says its
quite harmless!-) FWIW! LOL
//
Jim