Old 04-02-2003, 12:01 AM
FarmerDill

Default What tomato varieties are you growing this year?

Brad wrote:

I am looking for a good tasting tomatoes variety; which to me means one
that has
very low sugar and is highly acidic. (I am in Zone 9)

AS mentioned by others, Marglobe and its successor Rutgers would seem to meet
your taste requirements. Marion is a the same type but more suited to SE
conditions, Even the hybrid round reds like Fanatastic and SuperSonic are good
canning types. Depending on where you are in Zone 9 you may have a heat
problem. If so Homestead or one of the Florida tomatoes may be more suitable