Old 17-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Time for fishies...

Ingrid,

How does pond water added to bag water endanger the gills?

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
wrote in message
Missed original message, we are talking about moving fish, not new fish

right?
If the temp of the pond is higher than the bag water, just give them a

quick salt dip
and right into the pond.
If the temp of the pond water is more than 10oF lower, then they can be

floated with
the bag closed, but make sure there is no sun hitting that bag. It can

heat up
inside the bag. No more than 30 minutes, salt dip and into the pond
If the pH or alkalinity is significantly different, then a quarantine

tank matched
to the original water the fish were in is needed. Slowly over a couple

days change
over to the different pH and alkalinity.
Under no circumstances open the bag while it is floating and/or mix pond

water into
the bag water. This can seriously tox the fish out, frying the gills.

The longer
the fish has been in the closed bag, the greater the chance of frying

gills.
Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/