Old 17-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Kay Easton

Default Worm compost

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
Thanks for the information, Jim. If I knew where to get the earthworms, I
will order some. Or maybe there are enough in my garden for starting things
up. I will do a bit of investigating.

There are almost certainly enough, both of brandlings and of the normal
Lumbricus earthworm. They breed quite fast, so it's a matter of getting
the conditions right - the brandlings like a higher humus content.

If you are not getting enough worms by natural methods, its likely the
conditions aren't right, so buying some and adding isn't going to help a
lot.

(Obviously, in a closed system like a wormery, you need to innoculate
with worms, which is why people tend to buy them)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: