Old 18-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Kirra

Default Some picture of my roses

"Daniel Hanna" wrote in message
home.com.au...
In Kirra wrote:
"Making of a Rose Garden" contains some pictures of my father digging

(!)
the garden at my mother's house. You all really need to get one of
these to dig your rose gardens

Like Anne, I'm jealous too Kirra! Looks like you have plenty of space.
You really have an opportunity to go beyond the mainstream varieties and
experiment a little. In Brisbane you might find excellent results with
the old Tea roses.

We (my parents) have 10 acres on that property. The bed in the pictures is
for experimenting with different types of roses. It was really hard trying
to plan it because we did not have any idea the exact size/colour of roses.
I'm sure that some of the roses will have to be moved because they are too
small for a spot or too large.

We have planted Monsieur Tillier, Rosette Delizy, Mrs B R Cant and Francis
Dubreuil in the Tea range. When looking at sizes I couldn't find one for Mrs
B R Cant, I guess the name sounded dainty so I planted it in the same space
range as the HTs. I've since read that it can get 3m x 3m so it is
definitely going to have to move. I'm still on the look out for which ones
to put in for next year, so if you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to
take any ideas.

We also have two Noisettes, Madame Alfred Carrière and Crepuscule growing up
against the brick wall that you can see and a bourbon Louise Odier up
against the wooden fence. We want to be able to see and enjoy roses from the
balcony and from the sizes I've read of MAC, I think it will grow up over
the top of the railing.

I'm planning on taking some pictures soon of the garden with the roses
planted, however I think you will only see brown dirt and a few green leaves
here and there. Maybe in a years time or so it might be more green than
brown

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
zone 10