Old 18-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Other Brother Kevin

Default Seed collection

J. Lane wrote:

Hi Faye,
I usually put the whole flower in a mason jar, along with a piece of paper
stating what the plant is, and leave it to dry out for a month. I then
separate the seeds from the flower as best I can and put the seeds in a
labeled envelope and then into the fridge for storage.

Whatever way you do it there has to be a drying process or you'll keep
some amount mositure and get the mold. When you think you have the seeds
dry and you package them for storage you need to monitor to make sure
you got the mositure out, especially if you enclose the seeds in some
sort of airtight container.

I always plant some of the seed as soon as I harvest it then and save
the rest for spring just in case my fall crop fails. You'll be amazed
how much of a jump start they get doing it that way.

Kevin