Old 18-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Grandpa

Default Blue Spruce

I'd leave it be. They provide a lot of shade in the summer and if you
trim off the lower branches as it grows, you can sit under it and really
enjoy the birdlife and shade. Plus, they are so dense that it can rain
out and you'll be dry under it. Thats how mine works anyway.

P Dover wrote:

Last year our top on our Blue Spruce that was about 4 to 5 feet tall was
broken off , Now 2 of the side branches have taken over has the top . but
there is still some smaller branches in the middle as well . Not sure what
to do with this tree as it is a single tree in our front yard , should i cut
one of the 2 tops off ???? Thank you for any replys