Old 18-08-2003, 08:32 AM
paghat

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article , "Phrederik"
wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
I'm sure there aren't many who believe Billo when he advocates using
glyphosate as table salt,

You do realize that after a sentence like that, the rest of your post
is completely worthless.

Shampoo is also as safe as table salt, but I don't see you advocating
that folks should using shampoo as table salt. There are thousands of
items just as safe, or safer, than table salt that probably wouldn't
work too well in place of salt.

I'm also pretty sure that "Billo" never advocating using ANYTHING in
place of table salt.

Okay, what Billo said precisely that unless "lethal doses" of glyphosate
were used, it is no more dangerous than table salt. He said it. Nothing
less than a lethal dose. Otherwise it's "Table" Salt. His specific choice.
Is it fairly lampooned as "Billo advocates using glyphosate as table
salt"? In reality it's pretty hard to take the "no more dangerous than
table salt" reference any other way -- since table salt is not used in any
other way than but eating it. If he hadn't meant that implication, he
WOULD have said shampoo, as you advised, but Monsanto wouldn't like that
as much, they WANT people to believe it is safely eaten, which is why the
New York Attorney General banned them from advertising in New York for two
years.

So too Billo didn't say it was no more dangerous than a bar of soap (which
by the way glyphosate isn't) or that it's safe as salt strewn on a highway
to melt ice. He didn't even just say "salt." He said TABLE salt.
Glyphosate and TABLE salt. Billo said it. Parity. Both are equally safe
except at lethal doses. It was a pig-ignorant thing to claim, sure, but he
posted it, & he said it because EVERYthing he's said has been taken from
the how-to-defend-Monsanto bible, right down to the same scant few
citations Monsanto generated and approves of, and which by peer review
(such as Billo pretends to value) were found to be biased in their
conclusions with assumptions not provable by the raw data within his
favorite article (the one authored in part by Ian Munro, Monsanto's
favorite hatchetman hired away from Philip Morris).

And why does Monsanto so badly want glyphosate associated with the TABLE &
the things we eat? Because they're feeding it to us, & have every
intention of feeding us increasing amounts in the future. They don't want
us thinking its safe merely on our hair, like shampoo, or in our
watersheds, but also on our tables. Not like salt generally, but like
TABLE salt. Monsanto is developing glyphosate resistant crops so that
more & more glyphosate can be sprayed on more & more of the food we eat,
which amounts increase more & more each year by year as weeds increasingly
become resistant as well (something Monsanto also denies but which is
absolutely the truth -- and are already formulating, and selling,
increasingly hrich mixtures.. They don't want us thinking the increasing
amounts of glyphosate in crops engineered by Monsanto is a bad idea.
Without TABLE salt, which has iodine added, many of us would have gout
like elderly Jews who were kosher their whole lives -- who knows what
sinister ailment we would suffer if not protected by the glyphosate in
Monsanto's genetically altered glyphosate-tolerant crops.

THAT association is the sole purpose of Monsanto wishing that people WOULD
think glyphosate was safe as table salt, while out of the other side of
their lying two faces they claim "that wasn't a use as directed" when
people actually do drink it down in suicide attempts (& successes).

Shampoo is not eaten, that's why Monsanto, & Billo, prefer to say Table
salt when making their "no more dangerous than" argument. Monsanto
specifically advertised that RoundUp was "safe as table salt" and this got
them into CRIMINAL trouble with the New York Attorney General. Yet
Monsanto's criminal argument is still made in numerous ways, because "safe
as shampoo" doesn't have the same impact of having people think of it in
terms of something edible. The statement is still in much of their PR
stuff which tells people like Billo exactly how & which articles he must
read & quote in order to be a good company man. And Billo stupidly
repeated it because he put his head way too far into Monsanto propoganda &
completely forgot that argument scored them some criminal charges.

So if you're serious about your claim that truth followed by more truth is
"worthless," well, that is certainly a stance you'll have to hold onto for
a very long time if you're seriously going to believe Monsanto is your
friend.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"