Old 18-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Doggy problem on lawn

In article , ned
writes

I wish Graham luck - finding the right dog training class, that is.
When you find Fido's latest excavation,
grab Fido,
stick Fido's nose in said excavation,
yell "NO!!!"
shake Fido by the scruff of the neck,
aim a thwack at Fido's rear end, which, knowing Fido, he will evade at
great speed but will still get the message.

This reminds me of an electronic dog collar you can buy with a remote
control.

You put collar on dog.
Dog does what it shouldn't.
You yell NO in a fierce commanding voice.
If dog desists
you praise dog.
you give dog a doggy treat.
Else
you press remote control.
dog experiences a small electric shock.
dog is discouraged from doing what
it is doing that it shouldn't be doing.

Worked like a treat for someone whose dog was going to be shot by a
farmer next time the farmer found it worrying his sheep.
Cruel, you ask?
Maybe.
But better that having the dog shot!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,