Old 18-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Bill Oliver

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article ,
paghat wrote:
In article , Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:08:08 -0700,
(paghat) wrote:

. As you deny being the same Bill Oliver who services
Monsanto through the American Chemical Society,

Check out some of the staff at the Armed Forces Institute of
Pathology, Billo's employer. Lots of Monsanto links there. Nothing
like defending your buddies and their interests.

Thanks Tom. It was the one query he most kept avoiding, though I asked
quite nicely a couple of times

Indeed. Only among the ecofundamentalists does competence count
against you.

Generally, USENET discussions are free from this personal
ad hominem attack based where people work, what people do, etc.
One of the the great things about these newsgroups is that
the "right" to engage in discussions is not based on
credentials. But, as I have found, there is nothing
like being challenged on the facts to bring out the
drive for personal destruction by ecofundamentalists and
their ilk on the left.

You want to change the rules.

You want to play the credentials game?

OK.

As your pet cyberstalker found, I have a MS in Computer
Science from the University of North Carolina. I am also a
physician, board certified in Anatomic, Clinical, and Forensic
Pathology. I am a member of the American Society for
Clinical Pathology, American Academy of Forensic Sciences,
and the National Association of Medical Examiners, among others.
I am published in medical journals in the fields of Psychiatry,
General Pathology, and Forensic Pathology. I am a consultant
to the FBI, State, and other federal agencies on matters of
forensic interest, and have worked with numerous federal,
state, and local agencies in the investigation of wrongful
death. I have received national awards for my work. Most recently,
I was an invited speaker for a special sesson at the ACM SIGGRAPH.

I am not associated in any way with Monsanto.

As a Pathologist, I am competent to read the environmental
pathology and toxicology literature, and as as Forensic
Pathologist, I have a pretty good handle on what poisoning
entails.

What are your credentials, paghat? What makes me
or anyone believe that you are minimally competent to
understand the literature you so ineptly and incorrectly
parrot?

My challenge stands. Please provide a single article
in a peer-reviewed journal that claims to show that
Roundup is dangerous to humans when used as directed.

billo