Old 18-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Linda W.

Default Window for African Violets and a Leaf with Roots? ...

Hello ...

First, thanks to those who have responded to my questions about
whether or not to cover my newly rooting African violet leat with
plastic. I am reading the responses with much interest.

This message is in follow-up to something Phisherman mentioned ... I'm
putting it in a separate thread, which I hope is okay.

Phisherman said a north window is ideal for the rooting leaf, and an
east window is ideal for adult African violets.

I don't have a lot of windows -- and the ones I have are either mostly
east or mostly west. I have my two adult African violets in a mostly
west window at present, and they seem to be doing okay. In fact, they
are flowering right now. The window does have a tree in front of it,
so while sun does come in, I think it is at least somewhat filtered by
the tree.

Do you think it's okay to keep the plants in that window? The
windowsill in the kitchen with the mostly eastern exposure is in the
kitchen, and it is not as "easy" a place to have the adult African
violets because it also holds other things.

I had put the rooting leaf in that window that faces mostly east. It
gets early-morning sun. Would this be okay? Would early-morning sun
be all right for the rooting leaf?

Many thanks again for any information/advice! And I do appreciate the
kindness of those who are helping me with this. :-)

Linda W.