Old 18-08-2003, 12:42 PM
DT

Default Horseradish tree

chris wrote:

Hi all,

I started half a dozen or so in my green house in late Jan/early Feb.
They germinated within 5 to 7 days with temp's above 65F. I kept
them in the green house till March 1st and they had reached 8 to 10
inches in height by then. Planted out they didn't grow much till about the
first of April and now are between 3 and 6 ft tall. No sign of flowers tho'
I didn't fertilize them in pots or since planting out since they are
supposed to prefer poorer soils. I ate the root of one when it topped 24"
and thought it tasted more like a radish than anything else.

HTH
Chris

Great! Glad to hear somebody's having some luck with the things. Did
you get your seeds from:
http://echonet.org/shopsite_sc/store/html/page35.html
or someplace else?

They really sound like cool trees; I'd like to give it another go.

DT