Old 18-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Stephen Howard

Default RAGWORT

On 18 Aug 2003 11:11:33 GMT, wrote:

Ron wrote:

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

Please would you all check your lawns for ragwort, I know it is a time
consuming job but it is a bad year for the nasty weed.

Snip

I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides.

One explanation for the increase in ragwort is most likely the reduction in
the tiger moth population for their caterpillars eat the weed and I've seen

Not tiger moths, it's the Cinnabar moth caterpillars that eat ragwort.

The Cinnabar is a Tiger moth.. just not THE Tiger moth.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk