Old 18-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Rudy

Default Weed Help

Please, somebody advise or re-direct me to a more appropriate source.

(Rudy) wrote in message . com...
Hello! I recently purchased a home. Just prior to buying the
previous owner had a new septic system installed. By doing so a large
area (~1000 Sq feet) of the what was once lawn, was unscreened loam at
the time of our purchase. Unfortunately it was not high on the
priority list at the with a baby on the way.

It had become over run with weeds from knee to shoulder height. I
have gone through and chopped down all the weeds by hand with a "Sling
blade". What remains now is thick ankle high weeds and lots of
small-medium rocks typical of unscreened loam.

I want to plant some type of grass this fall, if at all possible? I
am figuring I have to get rid of all the weeds and crab grass, then
rake them out as well as rake out the rocks... then I can plant grass
sees, right?

Please advise regarding the best course of action to accomplish my
goal. I imagine it will be quite labor intensive, but such is life.
I Greatly appreciate the help.

Rudy