Old 18-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default RAGWORT

In article , "Dave Liquorice" writes:
| On 18 Aug 2003 11:16:23 GMT, wrote:
|
| Do you have evidence for this as when we enquired of DEFRA about it
| they said that as far as they knew it was harmless to touch and pull
| it.
|
| DEFRA need to stop contradicting themselves, read that "large" .PDF
| point to a while back. That pretty much states that skin contact
| should be avoided, long sleeves and trousers, gloves etc. Mind you
| that whole document is on the safe side of safe.

Almost certainly the arse covering side of safe! You do not increase
safety by going bananas. I am now seeing that sort of notice on
bags of sharp sand - yes, really, complete with instructions to
wash carefully with soap after any accidental contact.

Now, which is more likely to cause skin irritation - soap or sand?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.