Old 18-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Bill Oliver

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article ,
Major Ursa wrote:
(Bill Oliver) wrote in :

In other words, you cannot provide a *single* article in the
scientific peer-reviewed literature that claims to show
that Roundup is dangerous when used as directed. Thank
you very much.

Bill,

I admire your persistence in pressing this point and I agree that if one
is not able to do this (show literature) there is hardly any reason to put
Roundup in a bad light.

Still, I find it hard to believe that you are not worried a bit about the
proven (!) dishonesty by MS in dealing with lawmakers....

It is irrelevant. My claims, and my challenge do not rely on
Monsanto.

I may be a bit filosophical and it may even be OT to discuss the morality
issue here, but I'm sincerely interested in your views on that; it might
help me to put your other statements in context. Thanks for the lively
debate anyway,

It is a different debate. It is one thing to claim that one should
not buy German cars because they all used to collaborate with
Nazis in the 1930s.

It is *another* to claim that all German cars have bad brakes
because they all used to collaborate with Nazis in the 1930s.

For the first, you can use all the philosophical arguments you
want. For the latter, you test the cars.

Feel free to argue that one should not use a Monsanto product
because you don't like the company. I have no opinion on that.
That does not, however, say anything at all about Roundup.

billo