Old 18-08-2003, 04:43 PM
shannie

Default Freezing Herbs

"Jonathan Culver" wrote in message
Does anyone have a list of herbs that freeze well.

I have coriander thyme, chives, mint, Italian parsley and basil in

abundance.

Thanks

I grow all of the above plus lemon basil and oregano. I take them in in the
morning and chop them up very finely then place them in icecube trays, pour
in some water, and place in the freezer. When frozen solid I take them out
and put them into bags marked for what they are, ie, mixed herbs, parsley,
chives, italian mix etc. I find this works very well and have lots and lots
of herbs frozen in this way to get me through the winter. Rosemary I dry and
flake small amounts into the mixed herbs before freezing this works for me
too.

HTH
Shannie