Old 18-08-2003, 07:42 PM
paghat

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article , Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

On 18 Aug 2003 02:29:34 GMT, (Bill Oliver) wrote:

In article ,
Tom Jaszewski wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:08:08 -0700,

(paghat) wrote:

. As you deny being the same Bill Oliver who services
Monsanto through the American Chemical Society,

Check out some of the staff at the Armed Forces Institute of
Pathology, Billo's employer. Lots of Monsanto links there. Nothing
like defending your buddies and their interests.

( oh oh Ashcroft's bullies are probably reading this)

Pretty pathetic, this. A *complete* loss of any attempt
to provide a *single* peer reviewed scientific journal
article demonstrating that Roundup is dangerous to
humans when used as directed.

Instead, you slide to a pure campaign of personal
attack and cyberstalking. The ecofundamentalist
inquisitors are certainly out tonight.

But, since you have decided to drag my employer
into this, my views are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of the United States Government,
the Department of Defense, the Armed Forces
Instituted of Pathology, or any entity
other than myself.

And my challenge stands.

billo

Ecofundamentalist? Cyberstalking?
Your jig is up, you defend from a vested interest and it's public
information, no different here than reading newspaper accounts in a
library. The advantage to the internet is the ability to more easily
reveal the reasoning behind the overly defensive stand.

And your jig is up.

I am really tempted to killfile him, but I've only killfiled about four
people in five years, & as a rule when someone becomes boring I can easily
delete their unread posts without resorting to the killfile, which is an
admission of an otherwise unavoidable fascination for the killfiled. The
temptation is not because I no longer like him. I assume he'll come back
to his senses on other topics if never this one. But I really am foolishly
tempted to keep reading him & replying, & it's just no longer any fun now
that he has sunk to the level of calling honest people liars while he
tells whoppers, & believes a single post from you stating a single obvious
reality makes you a "cyberstalker" (at least that rather extreme response
is an indirect confession you got it right). If I do as an admission of
fascination killfile him, I'll let him out of it in a week or two, or when
he changes his account again, whichever comes first. But when someone
who's been lying calls their betters liars & cyberstalkers, they really do
reduce themselves to flame fodder unworthy of being taken seriously at
all, & I am just not up for that this week. I did enjoy arguing the issues
with him, his empty & frustrating repetitions included, but when he
degenerated into calling reasonable people lairs & cyberstalkers he lost
his entertainment value as well as any lingering shred of credibility.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/