Old 18-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Phisherman

Default Compsting

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:30:33 -0600, "Klaurens"
wrote:

We've just gotten a compact ComposTumbler. We'll be using a lot of Russian
Thistle (not in seed) and kitchen waste. I was wondering if it would be
best to run the kitchen waste in the food processor before putting it in the
compost drum. Would a slurry, or paste be more detrimrntal than putting in
small pieces? Or would it speed up the process?
Carrie

Putting your waste thru a processor will greatly speed decomposition.
It is a lot of bother for such a small amount. I chop corn cobs into
pieces which take some months to break down completely.