Old 18-08-2003, 10:59 PM
BenignVanilla

Default do I need a bottom drain?

"Lydia" wrote in message
snip
Here's another drain-like question: I was thinking I'd put some overflow
pipes at the side of the pond because we get so much rain in the winter

that
I can just see this water garden turning into a big mess and having a

mighty
soggy back yard. To keep the mosquito fish from being sucked out through
the overflow pipes I thought I'd cover the openings with some kind of mesh
screen or fabric. SO... I'll bury the pipes, ever so nicely, at whatever
level I don't want the pond to get any higher than. I'll have to stick

them
through the liner (right?) and then seal the liner around them as well as
seal the mesh stuff to the pipes. Will the clear silicone sealant I've

seen
referred to here do that trick?

snip

Check out Greg Beckal's site, and use his boot. They are awesome, and
require no gooey chemicals.

BV.