Old 18-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Bill Oliver

Default New to tulips - didn't realize they were not perrenial!

In article ,
Pelvis Popcan wrote:
I was surprised to learn that tulip bulbs split apart and form small
bulbs that usually don't flower the following year...
[snip]
I will have to replant them every year.
[snip]

That has not been my experience. I put in a bed of tulips 12 years
ago in my backyard, and they pop up every year. I don't do *anything*
to them. I don't dig them up and separate them, I don't take them
inside, etc. They grow like crazy, and do fine every year. They
seem to be thicker now than when I first put them in, but I haven't
counted them.

The only thing that hurts them are the deer, who have eaten
them back three years in a row, now.

billo