Old 18-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Alan Gould

Default Help !!! they wont go away !

In article , Stephen Howard
writes
Two months down the line and the GE is being slowly knocked back (
along with the grass that borders the bed... but I suspect this will
grow back with time ).

An interesting thought here is that ground elder is not generally known
as a lawn weed. IMHO that is because the plant will not survive regular
cutting. That is the way we have eliminated it from parts of our garden
where it would do harm, e.g. the vegetable plot, herbaceous borders,
flower beds etc. It takes two or three years to really clear it, and it
can return if it is allowed to. By that method ground elder is no longer
a problem to us without any use of chemical herbicides.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.