Old 19-08-2003, 01:43 AM
Anne Lurie

Default OT whats going on?

Back in the Dec. 2002 ice storm, our power was out for about 26 hours, as I
recall (I've tried to repress the memory). We had phone service for about
24 hours, but apparently there's something in BellSouth's local equipment
that has only a certain "life" without power. What did the phone company
say?

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Russ and Cathy" wrote in message
.. .
1st we had to boil our water because some bacteria got into our water,

then
the following week, the massive power outage and now today no telephones.

dont see anything on CNN about the telephone outage being massive so do

you
all have use of your telephones today?
Cathy