Old 19-08-2003, 01:44 AM
martin

Default White wiggling things in Starbucks bags

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:30:41 +0200, "Barry & Iris McCanna"
wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"hrafndot" wrote in message
s.com...
I left several bags of uncomposted Starbucks coffee grounds

unopened for
several months. I opened them up to use as mulch and found they

were
full of white wiggling things. I spread the mulch anyway.

Having subsequently read about white wiggling things which were

bad
news in gardens, have I unleashed a Pandora's box full of them

into tbe
garden?

I am totally ignorant of what this is about. What is "Starbucks

coffee
grounds"?
Is it commercially available as a mulching material?
Is it cheaper than bark and suchlike?

Franz

Franz,

Starbucks is the name of a make of coffee. The grounds are what is
left after making fresh coffee. The grounds are very good for putting
round roses, rhododendrons, azaleas, etc.

No idea what the white wiggling things are though :-)

vestal virgins?
--
Martin