Old 19-08-2003, 02:02 AM

Default question about planting a tree

Hi,

I'm thinking about putting a bunch of bricks down in my backyard to
make a smallish patio area. In the middle of this I was thinking it
would be neat to plant a tree: I think it would look good and it would
provide some shade. In the area where the bricks would go, part of
the "patio" sits over top of a covered gravel drain pit with
perforated big-o drain pipe running through it (water from the garage
gutters drains into this pit). For the tree I was thinking about
using a Maple. My questions a will the drain pit cause a problem
for the tree; will the tree cause a problem with the drain bit; will
the bricks get pushed up because of the roots of the tree.

Any other types of tree that might be good for this idea?

thanks