Old 19-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Jim Shaffer, Jr.

Default OT a newsgroup fright

Mars has got nothing to do with it, whether you believe in astrology or not --
Windows is simply a load of crap. Back when I had dialup, Windows was always
setting itself to a LAN connection after a crash. The other problem of course
is that it crashes too much. The only version I've had that hasn't done
anything weird and inexplicable (I started with 95) is XP. Since I don't depend
on any Windows programs, and I used Unix in college, I run Linux on my desktop
system and only use XP on my laptop because I don't have time to get Linux
working with the undocumented devices on the laptop and occasionally I find a
multimedia file I want in a format that nobody has entirely figured out for
Linux yet. If I wasn't comfortable with Linux, I'd have tossed the Intel
hardware long ago and bought a Mac.