Old 19-08-2003, 02:03 AM
paghat

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article , "David J Bockman"
wrote:

Interestingly, a google search on 'New York State vs Monsanto' came up with
nothing.

Ditto New York State v Monsanto

New York vs Monsanto

New York v Monsanto

NY vs Monsanto

NY v Monsanto

Perhaps you need to take lessons. Send me your Visa info & I'll charge you
a hundred smackeroos if you need some very elementary instruction. For
when I tried it, I got HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of hits. Here's just the
first couple items from the first page alone:
Monsanto fined, agrees to change their labeling & stop lying in their ads:
http://www.organicconsumers.org/monad.html
but of coruse two years later they were sued again by NY Attorney General.
Here's an eye-popping criminal record for Monsanto:
http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/media/p...iminaltext.htm
including but by no means restricted to the successful NY Attorney General
first successful action, but it needs updating, Monsanto's most recent
criminal record has doubled since this page was prepared -- they're
getting worse as time goes by!
Presently there's a similar yet another suit (filed by NY this past April)
against Dow which exactly like Monsanto reneged on their earlier
settlement in which they agreed not to lie so agregiously to the public
about pesticides. You might have to use news.google to find some of those
stories, but I don't want to give away too much of the lesson for free.

-paghat the ratgirl

"animaux" wrote in message
On 18 Aug 2003 17:02:57 GMT, gekko

opined:

Saying that table salt is deadly is nowhere near the same as saying
"safe as table salt", nor even "using glyphosate as table salt."

Paghat's argument is not helped when she alters what was said
in order to support her statements.

She didn't make the quote. It was Monsanto's ad campaign that did.

"Roundup,
Safe as Table Salt..." It was mandated by the court to be removed

immediately
from their ad. New York State vs Monsanto.

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"