Old 19-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Bill Oliver

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article ,
paghat wrote:
In article , Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

On 18 Aug 2003 15:05:52 GMT, (Bill Oliver) wrote:

I am a licensed physician with training in microbiology,
molecular biology, cellular pathology, anatomic pathology,
clinical pathology, and forensic pathology.

What about you?

I have published in the peer reviewed scientific literature
that you are so fond of. Have you? I'll tell you what,
why don't we match publication by publication.

Gosh Billy, I guess you're living proof a licensed physician can be
pretty well blinded by the light of selfish self interests....HUH?

Apparently his sole paying gig is doing autopsies. Even a lowly medical
examiner can tell when they're already dead. Keeps him from personally
killing anyone at least.

-paghat the ratgirl

Actually, my primary interest at the moment is in the use of
computer vision and image analysis to medicolegal questions.
I am a consultant in visualization to the FBI, chairman of
the Image Analysis subcommittee on the Scientific Working
Group on Imaging Technologies (SWGIT) developing national
standards for forensic image acquisition, am a consultant
to the National Library of Medicine in the development
of the Insight Toolkit for the analysis of Visible Human
data(1), and am developing a protocol for the use of magnetic
resonance microscopy for the evaluation of retinal
hemorrhage in shaken baby syndrome (2). I was chosen one
of Federal Computer Week's 100 most influential federal
IT professionals in 1997, and was a Berry Prize finalist
for excellence in Military Medicine.

Certainly I do autopsies. I was involved in the investigation
of the terrorist attack on the Pentagon, and on other
cases in the current conflicts. I am quite proud
of the calling of Forensic Pathology.

Oh, and by the way.

Who is *your* employer?

What are *your* credentials?

billo

(1)
www.itk.org

(2) Oliver, WR, Potter, K, McLean, I, Fowler D, Downs J. Mapping
Retinal Hemorrhages with Magnetic Resonance Microscopy.
Proc Intl. Soc. Mag. Reson. Med. 2003 11:880.