Old 19-08-2003, 04:42 AM
Rick

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

David J Bockman wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
Shampoo is not eaten, that's why Monsanto, & Billo, prefer to say Table
salt when making their "no more dangerous than" argument. Monsanto
specifically advertised that RoundUp was "safe as table salt" and this got
them into CRIMINAL trouble with the New York Attorney General. Yet
Monsanto's criminal argument is still made in numerous ways, because "safe
as shampoo" doesn't have the same impact of having people think of it in
terms of something edible. The statement is still in much of their PR
stuff which tells people like Billo exactly how & which articles he must
read & quote in order to be a good company man. And Billo stupidly
repeated it because he put his head way too far into Monsanto propoganda &
completely forgot that argument scored them some criminal charges.

In the interests of accuracy, there were no criminal charges filed. This was
a civil lawsuit. Neither party 'won' nor 'lost', it was settled out of
court. As part of the settlement, Monsanto agreed to pay $50,000 to defray
the costs of the lawsuit.

Dave

I'm one of them!
Rick Defray.
There! I've revealed my *true* identity on the internet.
Where's me $50,000?